[vorbis] Re: What systems are you using to listen to Oggs?

Sascha Lüdecke sascha at meta-x.de
Tue Dec 18 19:49:42 PST 2001

evert A Claesson <eclaesson at juno.com> writes:

> So what do you use to Listen to your Oggs and would you have any
> recommendations on sound cards, amplifiers and speakers if I wanted to
> upgrade my system.

I can't make any suggestions, but here is my rather tiny setup: an AMD
Athlon with 1.1GHz (xmms consumes 0.9% CPU time upon decoding oggs,
wohoo), Sound Blaster Live! and a pair of Sony MDR-CD480 headphones.
Since I live in an environment with limited space (student), I rarely
use my two Sonobull 60W speakers attached to an old Telefunken HR-800
receiver.

Nothing extraordinary, far from HiFI; both headphones and speakers are
somewhat too intense on the lower frequencies, but have a quite ok
dynamic and clearity (?).

It's ok to listen to a broad range of music varying from trance, pop
and south american to classic, though I'd love to be able to afford a
Sennheiser or similiar.

Best regards,
Sascha

--
Warranty clauses are voided by payment of the invoice