[vorbis] What systems are you using to listen to Oggs?

evert A Claesson eclaesson at juno.com
Tue Dec 18 08:18:22 PST 2001

What rigs do you folks use to listen to your music?  I have a P-III 500
with Altec Lansing speakers in the dining room and a P-II 350 with Labtec
speakers in the Guestroom/office.  Sorry, I can't remember what model the
Lansings are off the top of my head.  The Labtec speakers are fairly
cheap. I have a PCI ensonique sound card in the P-III system.  I not sure
what kind of sound card is in the P-II system.  Both systems are
networked so I can play music from either one. I have my mp3s and Oggs on
three different partitions on the two systems.  I send the signal over to
my old stereo (over 20 years) through the tape deck inputs.  It's an
Onkyo TX-31 with two studio Monitor V speakers in the Living room.  I
also have a pair of speakers in the basement and two more sets of Labtec
PC speakers in the kitchen and the Guestroom/office.  It's definitely not
a HI/FI setup, but it works!

So what do you use to Listen to your Oggs and would you have any
recommendations on sound cards, amplifiers and speakers if I wanted to
upgrade my system.

Thanks

Evert