[vorbis] title tags -- languages

Pascal Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Dec 18 07:14:58 PST 2001

Glenn Maynard <g_ogg at zewt.org> wrote:
> [...]
> This boils down to having multiple versions (per language) of
> different tags.  It's not good enough to just store two title fields;
> they need to be associated, since there may be more than one such
> field--for artists (or whatever you call them :), for example.
>
> Now, I could envision this being done fairly simply in comment tags, but
> on one hand, I don't know if that's the place for it; and on the other,
> there's probably not much demand for it.  I've wanted this type of thing
> for a good while, though, and a standard place for it would be nice.
> Putting this stuff in a custom metadata field would mean having to
> write my own tagging software.
>
> --
> Glenn Maynard

Yes there is demand for that.

The same occur with classical music, where the titles are expressed in
random languages instead of the original. It would be easier to manage
them if they could be stored in several language. The tools to retrive
them  could use  by default  the environment  variable  LC_MESSAGES to
select the version to show.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around