[vorbis] Batch-Tagging oggs?

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Mon Aug 20 12:09:21 PDT 2001

---- Craig Dickson <crdic at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The relevant parameters to oggenc are as follows:
>
> oggenc -a "Artist Name" -l "Album Name" -t "Song Title" -n tracknumber
>        -o OggFilename.ogg WavFilename.wav

How about?:

oggenc -b Bitrate -a "Artist Name" -l "Album Name" -t "Song Title" -N
"tracknumber" -d "The Released Date" -c "genre=Genre" -o OggFilename.ogg
WavFilename.wav

-c "Name=Value" is very useful switch especially when you'd like to put
more inforamtion.

However, Ripping & encoding files into Vorbis on Windows is tiring...
 (Wish some third company introduce Vorbis to good software.)  So, I
am using Grip for Linux with encoding options like

-b 192 -a "%a" -l "%d" -t "%n" -N "%t" -d "%y" -c "genre=%g" %f

However, genre option doesn't seem to be working...  So, I normally change
-c "genre=%g" to -c "genre=Rock" or "genre=Soul" manually.  :-(  Any
better idea?