[vorbis] Title formatting for players/plugins

Hugo van der Merwe hugovdm at mail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:41:16 PDT 2001

> > ps. How do *you* title your songs? I'd love to hear some opinions please..

One-artist albums: artist/album/##-trackname.ogg
where ## is track number.
Varios-artist albums: album/##-artist-trackname.ogg

I use abcde ... it does what I need, and is text mode, nice.

I have a number of friends that are interested in Ogg Vorbis, and if I
were to supply them with something easy to use, they will use Vorbis.
Now, as I don't have Windows, I have no idea what to advise. I know
there's a list of software that supports Vorbis on www.vorbis.com, but I
don't really know any of it well. My friends often use the likes of
MusicMatch Jukebox. What can people advise as Ogg-capable alternatives?
What is the most common, "user friendly", cd ripping and encoding
software out there?

'scuse me asking this kind of over-asked question, and one that should
be solved by personal investigation, but as I say, I cannot do that
myself, and these people are lazy. (But it is definatly a place where
Ogg Vorbis could spread like wild-fire... University Residences... a
bunch of students...) Currently mp3 rules, with a number of lost wma
files here and there.

Hugo van der Merwe