[vorbis] WSJ article

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Thu Aug 16 07:52:28 PDT 2001

Kristoff Bonne wrote:
> The thing seams to be that journalist seams to think they are all
> powerfull. Once their article is out, the word is out and there is very
> little you can do about it. You have your name in writing in the newspaper
> while their name is hidden after fater some small two-letter abbrivation
> on the bottom of the article.
> And what can you do about it? Compain in another newspaper how unjust you
> where threathed? I doubt they will publish your story.
> Sue them? I doubt it.

Dunno about the US, but in Germany everyone who appeared in the media
has the right to give a counterstatement, and the newspaper/radio
station/tv station are required to publish it uncensored. The reader may
then decide for himself what to think of all this. Depending on how this
is handled in the US and how Monty feels about it, he could make such a
counterstatement. I think this is way better than flamewars on /. or
stupid "let's sue 'em all!" attitudes.

Moritz