[vorbis] What to listen for in RC2?

Chris Butt chris at grangefarm.force9.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 02:42:23 PDT 2001

I remember a few years back when I used to encode things with BladeEnc at 80
kbps
When I listen to them now, they sound horrible, but at the time I didn't
hear the compression effects.
What sort of effects does ogg vorbis introduce? In stereo mode I can't hear
any at 64kbs (although there was a sort of chewed cassette tape effect at
mono 32kbps)
I don't want to have to re-encode lots of things in a couple of months
because I've started hearing the artifacts etc.
Thanks
Chris #8)