[vorbis] Wave editors (was: Reverse player)

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 07:04:33 PDT 2001

> GoldWave (www.goldwave.com) is a wave editor.

For Windows only, as far as I know. I have a copy. Nice.

Does anyone know of a good graphical wave editor for Linux/X11? I've
tried a few, and they all suck for one reason or another. Sweep crashes
left and right. XWave is antique and lacking in features. Audacity seems
unwilling to save files in .wav format, or indeed, anything but its own
.aup format (though it will happily _load_ .wavs). Glame seems to be
more of a real-time audio processor than a wave editor. What else is out
there for Linux that's open source and works well?

Craig