[vorbis] Alternate winamp plugin.

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Thu Apr 19 22:42:09 PDT 2001

On 19 Apr 2001, at 12:07, Matthew James Brown wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just thought that you should know that I was talking to someone the other
> day and it seems that someone fairly close to Nullsoft has created his own
> winamp plugin.  I'm just suggesting this as an alternate plugin for those
> that wish to try it.  I had nothing to do with writing it so please don't
> e-mail me about it.  It's slightly more finished than the current winamp
> plugin available so those who are interested might want to give it a spin.
> It has a comment editor/tag editor, a few configuration options for
> streaming etc.  You can find the file at...
> http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/in_vorbis.zip
>
> The creator's website is at...
>
> http://www.blorp.com/~peter/
[snip]
This plugin is MUCH faster then the one provided on vorbis.com,
plus it has a configuration! *gasp* :)
With the vorbis.com plugin it tends to slow my system down a bit
(a P133, heh)
I would suggest that anyone on a slower machine use this plugin,
instead of the other one (sorry guys!)

What are the chances of this being distributed with winamp, and
getting this plugin put up on vorbis.com?
(After getting peters permission of course, copyright and all that)

Daniel Richards - http://leopard.osoal.org.nz/~kyhwana/
PGP Pub key:
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DanielRPubKey.asc
Fingerprint: 416D 4027 D635 AF51 F2BF  60DF 4D94 F7A0 9893 2848