AW: [vorbis] Hacking up streaming - we want to

Florian Bruckner h9651030 at miraculix.wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Sep 15 23:06:55 PDT 2000

Concerning the ACM driver: There is already some code, you can get it at

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/vorbisacm

This is a reasonably stable implementation of an ACM driver and has been
tested with WinAMP and Mediaplayer, but it has not been registered with
Microsoft, so currently it is just for testing. Unfortunately I currently do
not have the time to improve the ACM driver.

The only available documentation about ACM is in the Windows 95 DDK. You can
access this online at http://msdn.microsoft.com. You might also want to have
a look at the Multimedia Registration Kit, which is available on the FTP
Server of MS. Just search the Knowledge Base for "Multimedia Registration
Kit" or "MDRK", you should get a link where you can download it.

Concerning a plugin for MediaPlayer: At least Mediaplayer 6.4 doesn't behave
like MS specs say an application should do. You might have to have a look
into DirectShow, which also contains classes for implementing a let's say
next generation ACM.

regards,
Florian