[vorbis] Fixed-point Vorbis decoder

Rob Leslie rob at mars.org
Thu Sep 14 14:00:18 PDT 2000

Hi,

I'm the author of a fixed-point MPEG audio decoder called MAD:

    http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

I've been considering the possibility of writing a similar fixed-point
decoding library for Ogg Vorbis. Unfortunately, every time I've looked for
Vorbis decoding specifications, I have found them incomplete. :-(

I'd rather not try to reverse-engineer specifications from the existing Vorbis
code, so I'd like to know, is there any complete specification of the format
and decoding algorithm, or even a rough draft of one with enough information
to implement a decoder from scratch?

If not, is there anyone at Xiphophorus willing to work with me to create one
(a specification, a new decoder implementation, or both)?

Many thanks,

--
Rob Leslie
rob at mars.org