[vorbis] RE: FhG $15k minimum and games...

Goblin h0b_g0blin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 14:30:23 PDT 2000

Ok, I have to pipe up...  This /is/ COOL.

On 10/04, Pedriana, Paul rearranged the electrons to read:
>    >>The game companies are interested in
>    >>Vorbis, and this is a good thing :)
>
> I am a lead programmer at a major game company
> (Maxis) and Vorbis is potentially very important
> to us. I am pushing to make it the default streaming
> sound format (e.g. non-sound effects) for all
> future titles. This assumes that it works as well
> as anticipated. Other subdivisions of Electronic
> Arts are looking at it as well. The day Vorbis
> is ready with a decent level of first-cut
> optimization is the day I start incorporating it
> into our apps, with SimCity 4000 being the first.
>
> Paul Pedriana
> Senior Software Engineer
> Maxis

 Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT.  You feel sleepy.  Notice how
 restful it is to watch the cursor blink.  Close your eyes.  The opinions
 stated above are yours.  You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>