[vorbis] Mail archive search is now up

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Nov 29 12:05:55 PST 2000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 12:02:57PM -0600, dongoodman wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Monty wrote:
>
> > There's now a list search on the xiph.org website for the vorbis and
> > vorbis-dev mailing lists.  The search can be found on each list's
> > master monthly index (eg,
> > http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/masterindex.html)
> >
> > It's a Perl CGI on an underpowered box, so no bitching about speed :-)
>
> hrm, perhaps i should have mentioned earlier that i had been using google.com
> to search the archives with some large amount of success...

Ha!  Good for you :-)

As much as I like Google, I dislike some aspects of how to specify
searches.  I plan on beefing mine up a bit too in future (limited
regexp searches) once the web server is upgraded to a slightly more
impressive box.  I both wanted a local search and I wanted more search
control.

Monty