[vorbis] more vorbis press!

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Tue Nov 28 21:31:05 PST 2000

Might I suggest setting up an e-gold button on the front page to allow
donations.

It costs nothing to setup with fees of just 1% on the incoming money (half
of that goes to the referrers account if there is one, otherwise e-gold
takes the full 1%)

There are also some small fees on pulling the money out (cost of check
bank transfer)

and they also suck 1% of the balance over the year

Cant hurt by having it as an option, until an easier funding method turns
up, and getting micro payments from many will add up pretty good
(hopefully)

have a look at http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid=188428  the last
referrer cookie is the one that gets the slice, 188428 is my account feel
free to click on it ;)

I can not use PayPal because I am in Oz not USA.

good luck in getting some corporate sponsors!

        cya	,	Andrew...

> For a long time I have thought of accepting donations from end users or
> whoever from the xiph.org website.  The idea being that we would raise X
> amount of dollars and only accept the donations if the total donation
> amount was reached (you'd get the money back if we never made it). Or
> something similar.  Would be quite easy with PayPal.  Is this something
> you guys think is a good idea?
>
> jack.

Absolutely. I'm a lurker on the list, and I haven't been able to
contribute
in
terms of coding time or corporate sponsorships (I don't own my own company
yet...)

All the same, I'm very interested in what you are producing, and I would
be
very happy to contribute on the scale with a personal donation.

Tell us where to look for how.

- -John Wedoff
.

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other
use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from your system. Utility Services Corporation (USC) is not
responsible for any changes made to the material other than those made
by USC or for the effect of the changes on the meaning of the material.