[vorbis] more vorbis press!

John Wedoff john at wedoff.org
Fri Nov 24 13:47:54 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Moffitt" <jack at icecast.org>
To: <vorbis at xiph.org>
Cc: "Al Adler" <al at on-the-i.com>; "Marty Schoch"
<marty_schoch at multicasttech.com>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis] more vorbis press!

> For a long time I have thought of accepting donations from end users or
> whoever from the xiph.org website.  The idea being that we would raise X
> amount of dollars and only accept the donations if the total donation
> amount was reached (you'd get the money back if we never made it). Or
> something similar.  Would be quite easy with PayPal.  Is this something
> you guys think is a good idea?
>
> jack.

Absolutely. I'm a lurker on the list, and I haven't been able to contribute
in
terms of coding time or corporate sponsorships (I don't own my own company
yet...)

All the same, I'm very interested in what you are producing, and I would be
very happy to contribute on the scale with a personal donation.

Tell us where to look for how.

-John Wedoff