[vorbis] speech in vorbis

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 08:09:12 PST 2000

I was wondering how vorbis fares as a speech codec? I
mean can it give similar or better quality as
GSM/Toast at the same kind of bitrates/filesize?

I'm not worried about streaming but I'd love to be
able to create really small voice files.

Can anyone give me an idea of filesize for recording
time for pure speech based use?

love

Freya