[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Wed Jun 28 08:16:05 PDT 2000

Of course you can always convert an OGG to an OGG-encoded WAV and use
the WAV extension, if that pleases you. But if you have the original
format, the extension should reflect the codec used and the (major)
version number. Like it is in MP2, MP3 .. OGG doesn't make any sense
at all to me, since it is the name for the whole project, and I
certainly wouldn't want both audio and video files with the OGG
extension.

Regards,
Erik Moeller

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin/Germany
Phone: +49-30-45491008 - Web: <http://www.humanist.de/erik>