[vorbis] The OGG Extension...

Doc Holiday doc at hwebtech.com
Thu Jul 6 17:54:24 PDT 2000

> one drawback to using vogg, v-ogg or ogg-v is that we've shot ourselves in the
> foot there already... does the 'v' stand for 'video' or 'vorbis'?
>
> ogg-video or .ogg.video perhaps?  Did someone say that wouldn't work in NT?
> (or was it just 'doesn't work the way you expect'?)

Hmm... I kinda like the ogg-video / ogg-audio (we could even do ogg-vid / ogg-aud if we wanted to) . In regards to Win 9x/NT... AFAIK it would try and register .video instead of .ogg.video, which would work but it wouldn't work the way we want it too.  I think our best bet would be to take the dots out of it.

~doc

PS: Is there any way around encoding VBR with the beta version of ogglame? I tried the way --help told me to, but that didn't seem to work.