[vorbis] The OGG Extension...

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jul 6 16:07:12 PDT 2000

> I would clarify one thing... I do think that the launcher would be cool (I would probably use it myself), but I just don't think the solution to our mini-problem ought to include more downloads... unless the user chooses to deal with it that way. :) (I would definately be willing to help write the Win9x version of the launcher)

I too like the launcher (well, duh) but I agree the best solution is one in
which it's not mandantory.

one drawback to using vogg, v-ogg or ogg-v is that we've shot ourselves in the
foot there already... does the 'v' stand for 'video' or 'vorbis'?

ogg-video or .ogg.video perhaps?  Did someone say that wouldn't work in NT?
(or was it just 'doesn't work the way you expect'?)

Let's not tag things as 'vorbis' in the extention because I hope to have the
Squish audio codec rereleased this year as well.

Monty