[vorbis] What we need to make it

craig duncan duncan at nycap.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 19:21:50 PST 2000

Robert Woodcock wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 09:25:31PM -0500, Robert J Lynn Jr wrote:
> > Encoder - GUIs for X and MS Windows. Right now, encoding and naming a set
> > of .wavs is a real pain.
>
> You're really doing this the hard way...
>
> UNIX users can avoid all those manual steps.
>
> Visit http://idea.lly.org/~rcw/abcde/development/ and pick up a copy of
> abcde 1.9.6 (or if you're running Debian, point it at unstable and type
> 'apt-get install abcde').
>
> Insert the CD, type abcde, get a cup of... whatever, and enjoy your
> properly-named and commented Oggs.
> --
> Robert Woodcock - rcw at debian.org
> "Obviously some modifications are going to be made in order to make sure
> that national security is intact" -- Andy Radlow, Vodafone AirTouch

Off topic, but . . . I use abcde all the time . . . and the one thing i
_really_ hate about it is when you try to stop it.  When you kill off
the process that's doing the encoding, another process that's already
been started then deletes your wav file (if you've configured it to do
this after it's finished encoding).  The only way i ever stop it now
(before it's done) is by doing a 'shutdown' of my system.  There's
probably a better way, though.

Also, never trust the cddb database . . . people are so careless.  :)