[vorbis] What we need to make it

Robert Woodcock rcw at debian.org
Sat Dec 23 22:17:46 PST 2000

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 10:21:50PM -0500, craig duncan wrote:
> Off topic, but . . . I use abcde all the time . . . and the one thing i
> _really_ hate about it is when you try to stop it.

A simple ^C will stop any version of abcde I've released in its tracks.
1.9.x will even pick up where it left off.

> When you kill off the process that's doing the encoding, another process
> that's already been started then deletes your wav file (if you've
> configured it to do this after it's finished encoding).

You must be manually kill(1)'ing (the wrong) one of abcde's subshells.
If you don't have access to the terminal you started abcde from (!?), try
pstree -p to get the correct parent PID.

If there's something else going on, I'll be happy to help you diagnose
things further elsewhere.

Robert Woodcock - rcw at debian.org
"Standing up to an evil system is exhilarating, and now I have a taste
for it." -- Richard Stallman