[vorbis] problems with the winamp plugin

Steven Bailey snbailey at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 8 19:26:05 PST 2000

Michael Smith wrote:

> It works for me, and others. Perhaps you have a version of winamp which is
> too old (or new). Mine is 2.5c, so it definately works on THAT version (I
> just downloaded the plugin from the website to replace my local version for
> testing).

That is possible.  I'm using the latest version of Winamp (2.7).  I'm in
the process of searching for an older version to run more tests on.
What I think I'll do first, though, is uninstall winamp and reinstall
the same version.  (I'll wipe all relevant directories first to make
sure the reinstall is a clean one.)  I seem to remember running into
something similar when I was piddling with VQF's about a year ago.  Who
knows?

Any other comments or advice will be welcome.  I'll post the results of
my testing either later tonight or tomorrow.

Steven