[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Mar 5 20:27:28 PST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> I am done with the initial LaTeX conversion

Wow, thanks for doing that!

Doesn't look bad. HTML output from LaTeX has come a long way. Still
get nonsense anchor names, but the docbook stylesheets did that too.

pdflatex worked fine for me on both macos and linux.

Issues I noticed in a quick look through:

* I'm surprised it can't import xifish.pdf instead of the png version?

* Chapter 8 is labeled vorbis-spec-residue instead of
vorbis:spec:residue, so references to it are not resolved.

* The last paragraph of lookup1_values in chapter 9 has a continued
\varname{} which should be split in three.

* A number of the Verbatim pseudocode sections have too long a line
length for the pdf pages.

On the last one, originally the spec was written directly in html
(circa 2001) and all the pseudocode was like this. Before stylesheets,
it was a reasonable choice. When I did the docbook conversion I
started converting everything to numbered lists, but wasn't entirely
happy with the results; especially as later the pseudocode gets much
more code-like, with flow control, but still occasionally wants
reference to line numbers. All of which is to say, currently it's not
consistent, and you should feel free to do any third thing that works
better.

Likewise with the '[long_name]' notation for vectors.

 -r