[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Mar 5 19:39:02 PST 2009

Hi,

I am done with the initial LaTeX conversion (somebody should look it
over, though):

* single-page HTML version: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/Vorbis_I_spec/Vorbis_I_spec.html
* PDF generated from this using pdflatex: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/Vorbis_I_spec.pdf
* LaTeX source files: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/vorbis-docs-tex.tar.bz2

Would be really nice if somebody could review it, and also if some
other folks could try whether they can "compile" it. Copy the *.tex
files to the vorbis/doc dir, then run
   pdflatex Vorbis_I_spec
to generate the PDF. For the HTML version, copy / rename white-
xifish.png to xifish.png. Then run
   htlatex Vorbis_I_spec
This assumes you have tex4ht installed, which is part of TeXLive, and
I think also MiKTeX.

Besides the single page HTML version, one could also generate multi-
page versions. Also, many visual tweaks are possible for the PDF and
the HTML. I mostly left stuff at its defaults.

While doing the conversion, I noticed a discrepancy between the
formulas in section 6 (on floor0): the PNG version of these formulars
differ from the LaTeX code that was embedded in the XML code. Now I
wonder which of these are correct. For now I put both variants in
there, in section 6.2.3, page 41 of the PDF (the different variable
names are pretty minor I guess; but the changed indices on the
coefficients probably are not).

Bye,
Max