[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Mar 5 09:33:08 PST 2009

Am 04.03.2009 um 15:35 schrieb Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>> In the meantime, since LaTeX was not excluded explicitly
> (...)
>> I didn't want to spend a huge amount of time on this,
>> unless I know it has a realistic chance of being accepted as a
>> solution...
>
> Hi.  LaTeX is likely the better solution for the Vorbis documentation.
> It was already proposed at least twice since this issue started, its
> tools are more mature and, moreover, it's what the Theora
> documentation uses.
>
> I don't think anybody would oppose the conversion.  If you'd like to
> have a go at it you'll have my gratitude, for what it's worth.

Well, if that means it has a realistic chance of getting accepted (as
opposed to being thrown away), I'll continue work on it. I converted
chapters 1-3 and the appendices, and switched to using tex4ht to
generate HTML (was part of my TeXLive install, so should be pretty
standard). You can see the updated files in the same location as before.

Cheers,
Max