[Vorbis-dev] BUilding the docs

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Feb 7 20:40:11 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not just unreliable to hit the Internet to download all your
> stylesheets just to publish your documents, it's also downright
> *rude*.  You should instead install all those documents locally, but
> then use an XML catalog file, that will then enable your tools to use
> the Internet URLs as keys to lookup the file pathnames in the catalog.

Especially since the tools don't appear to do even per-run caching and
download it multiple times.

That's what I meant by broken. Even if you installed the stylesheets
and schemas locally it wouldn't use them unless you manually set up a
catalog file. At least, that was the situation a few years ago when I
last used docbook seriously. It sounded like Erik was having the same
experience.

 -r