[Vorbis-dev] BUilding the docs

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 20:45:42 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> That's what I meant by broken. Even if you installed the stylesheets
> and schemas locally it wouldn't use them unless you manually set up a
> catalog file.

It occured to me just now that there may be a simple way to set up the
catalog file at build time.  What we'd have to do is supply separate
catalog files for each way the documents are installed - I have one
for MacPorts now, but there would need to be one for each Windows
DocBook package, and each variation of the way they are installed on
*NIX and so on.

Then you can detect the platform in the Makefile, and set
XML_CATALOG_FILES to point at the catalog appropriate for the platform
that the build is actually being done on.

Some of the tools, xsltproc in particular, have command line options
that prevent network access when given an Internet URL.  So you can
force the use of catalog files one way or another.

There is probably some reasonable way to ensure that the catalog file
is properly set up before actually trying to build anything.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   I'm looking for a job in Silicon Valley:
     http://www.goingware.com/resume/cover-letter.html