[Vorbis-dev] Next libvorbis release?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:09:55 PST 2009

On 2/3/09, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Any ideas when the next libvorbis release will be?

There's a dartboard, and it's completely covered up in guesses.  Will
time tell which one hit the right spot?

> The configure.ac for libsndfile I'm about to release currently
> depends on the SVN version of libvorbis so I'd really like to
> see a libvorbis release  :-).

The unreleased vorbis-tools also depends on SVN.  We're on the same boat here.

What I know: last time I tried to do a pre-release, I couldn't get the
documentation to build.  There's a months-old thread about that which
I can't bother to track down on the archives, but anyhow, the
situation stood that someone would convert the entire thing to HTML to
go around the docbook problems.  That didn't come to happen; I blame
procrastination, but what do I know.

I would probably have done it myself, but I've been working 12 hours a
day (thanks, USA) as of the last few months, so I had no chance to
look at it.

For those paying attention, it's been almost a year since 1.2.1 was
scheduled to come out.

-Ivo