[Vorbis-dev] new release monday

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat May 3 09:28:58 PDT 2008

On 3-May-08, at 8:15 AM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:

>  - libvorbis.spec is generated but it is shipped through EXTRA_DIST?

How do you suggest we ship it?

>  - I'd love to see us help promiting LZMA and also produce .tar.lzma
>    files. How about fixing AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS with 1.10.1 and dist-lzma?

I'd rather this get done manually until lzma is more widely
supported. I don't mind you want to post an lzma version.

>  - EXTRA_DIST lists seven .in files though they get auto-added
>    as there appear in AC_OUTPUT. COPYING is also auto-added.

Which version of automake did this start happenning? :)

>  - The change log is called CHANGES. Why not the Autotools-usual
> name ChangeLog?

Because it doesn't follow the ChangeLog format. It's just a summary
of major changes; I find the per-commit format redundant when there's
a public version control repository.

>  - Rename configure.in to configure.ac?

That's fine at this point.

  -r