Fwd: [Vorbis-dev] [rfc] Shipping the debian folder in release archives?

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at binera.de
Tue Mar 11 06:17:49 PDT 2008

John Ferlito wrote:
>     But in our case I'm leaving the debian folder in SVN as I use
> svn-buildpackage to build the packages. The debian directory is not
> added to the distribution tar.gz created by make dist and therefore
> the debian stuff does end up in the debian .diff file.

What you are doing is what I understood to be the Debian way.

The reason I come up with this question is that  Herrie [1]
(which I am the Debian maintainer of) introduced shipping the
Debian folder in version 1.9.3 . I told upstream that I don't
think it's a good idea and then I noticed libogg and vorvis-tools
are doing the very same. That's when I started wondering.

Sebastian

[1] http://herrie.info/