Fwd: [Vorbis-dev] [rfc] Shipping the debian folder in release archives?

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Mon Mar 10 20:42:53 PDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

    I'm going to be maintaining the debian packages for all the
annodex libraries so I can't really speak for the xiph libraries.

    But in our case I'm leaving the debian folder in SVN as I use
svn-buildpackage to build the packages. The debian directory is not
added to the distribution tar.gz created by make dist and therefore
the debian stuff does end up in the debian .diff file.

    I've been doing it this way mainly for convenience and so any
annodex developer can make changes to the debian packages where
necessary.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 06:31:51AM +1100, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Are you fixing this?
> S.

> I noticed we ship the <debian> folder with at least
> these libraries:
>
>   libogg-1.1.3
>   vorbis-tools-1.2.0
>
> By doing this we take the packaging code out of the
> Debian diffs where some people might be expecting it.
> Is this a problem? What benefits do you see in shipping it?
>
> Greetings,
>

> Sebastian

John
http://www.inodes.org/