[Vorbis-dev] Cleanup: Killing the old XSPF mailing list?

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Sun Sep 30 16:57:03 PDT 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> Personally, I'd rather the community moved to the list at Xiph.  There
> are, of course, some complications, mostly the community that was
> already built around the old list, but I think that if we register
> everyone from the musicbrainz one into the one in Xiph and then change
> the link in //xspf.org, the problem is mostly solved.  The only thing
> that may cause a problem is the older posts, which my limited
> experience with mailman does not let me know how complex (or not) it
> would be to port them.

I'm not sure if moving gives us anything over leaving
the list where it currently is. Also it comes with risks
and is a lot admin work. I completely agree with Lucas
on that point. Let's kill the old list: it's clean,
it's easy, it comes without problems.

@(rillian || xiphmont)
Can you kill the list behind

   http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/xspf/