[Vorbis-dev] solution to oggsplt / vcut crashing

Ola Vikholt ola at brunborg.org
Sun Nov 25 07:32:33 PST 2007

Dear vorbis-dev

I tried to split an ogg file which was downloaded as a part of a stream
with mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile file.ogg http://..../stream.ogg. The
metadata or headers or what it is is then of course in error. (I hate
this problem.)
Both vcut (I'd post version if vcut supported a --version or -V option)
and oggsplt (= mp3splt (same about version)) (according to this page,
they have the same code) crashes upon trying to split it.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.10

This program managed to split the file (your list a > couple of years ago):
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis/2005-February/025676.html
(links to
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis/attachments/20050213/3e9ffc26/vex.tar.bin)

Sincerely,