[Vorbis-dev] Compiling libogg and libvorbis using MinGW

Ralph Giles giles at ghostscript.com
Mon Nov 27 14:04:05 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 05:34:38PM +0100, Christofer Bustad wrote:

> I'm trying to learn more about Ogg Vorbis, so I downloaded the source code
> for libogg and libvorbis. I unzipped them and tried to compile them using
> ../configure and make in MinGW. libvorbis complains that libogg is not
> installed even though I just compiled it, so I was thinking that maybe the
> tree structure is not as it should be.

I don't know how things are usually done with MinGW, but the libvorbis
package assumes it will find libogg installed like a normal library. You
can pass '--with-ogg=<prefix>' if you've installed libogg in some custom
location, or something like '--with-ogg-libraries=../libogg-version/src/
--with-ogg-includes=../liboggg-version/include/' to point to your
compiled directory.

HTH,
 -r