[Vorbis-dev] Compiling libogg and libvorbis using MinGW

Christofer Bustad tosse_bustad at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 08:34:38 PST 2006

Hi there,

This is probably a rather stupid question, but being a bit new to the open
source world I'd like to ask this question anyway:

I'm trying to learn more about Ogg Vorbis, so I downloaded the source code
for libogg and libvorbis. I unzipped them and tried to compile them using
../configure and make in MinGW. libvorbis complains that libogg is not
installed even though I just compiled it, so I was thinking that maybe the
tree structure is not as it should be. When I have the zip-files for libogg
and libvorbis, how do I know how the tree structure should look like? Should
I unzip them both into the same directory? Is it at all possible to compile
the libraries using MinGW?

These are all probably very basic and newbie questions. I'm sorry about
that. I tried to find the answers in FAQs and readme-files, but was
unsuccessful. If this kind of information can be found on the net somewhere,
could you perhaps give me a link?

Thank you very much in advance!
Christofer Bustad