[Vorbis-dev] os_types.h

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jun 30 06:08:13 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 06:53:38PM -0500, Christopher Egner wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:54 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

> I would be wiling to agree except that this is a fresh installation of
> codewarrior. And the include path has no "sys" folder. I understand
> that the POSIX specs say it must be this way, however there is nothing
> to say that codewarrior follows posix specifications. Unless someone
> using codewarrior tells me otherwise, I'd have to assume that my
> original statement is correct.

I don't see a "types.h" in either my Codewarrior 7.2 or 8.3 installs,
either in the MSL headers or in the documentation. IIRC their libc
implementation just doesn't support this header.

It's been a long time since I tried to build vorbis with CW, but one
popular trick seems to be to define your own dummy header somewhere
in the include path so things work. See for example

  http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis/macos/compat/sys/types.h

Ghostscript uses this trick too. You used to be able to exploit
a path naming bug and just add a file named "sys:types.h" to
the source directory, but that stopped working in 7 or 8.

Given os_types.h is a portability header, wrapping the include
line in an '#ifndef __MWERKS__/#endif' would also be appropriate.
If that works, I'll take a patch, but it looks from the link
above you might need some additional defines as well.

 -r