[Vorbis-dev] lack of detail for exception in ov_open

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:38:04 PDT 2005

On 6/15/05, Steve Russell <srussell at innernet.net> wrote:
> I am having one frustrating time trying to decipher why ov_read is failing
> in my MFC/C++ application, and I see in Google results that others have had
> difficulty as well.  These google discussions generally involve libraries,
> dll's and linking options, as though there are perhaps some basic
> incompatibilities between ogg vorbis and win32 and/or MFC/C++.  Very
> confusing.

There can be linking problems, they're not fundamental
incompatibilities - you just have to link to the right runtime, like
with any other libraries

> If I pass fopen a fictitious filename, ov_open returns the proper error.
> However, if I pass a legitimate filename, ov_open crashes without giving me
> any apparent clue.

ov_open doesn't take filenames. So I'm not sure what you were trying
to say. Try doing a debug build, so you can get some information about
where things went wrong.

Mike