[Vorbis-dev] ogg/vorbis build system has broken 'make profile'

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Jan 7 10:08:34 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:18:57PM -0500, Monty wrote:

> While I wasn't looking, examples/encoder-example has become a shell
> script (libtool is doing this) and 'make profile' no longer produces
> something with profiling enabled.  Would the build system maintainer
> please fix this.  If there's no build system maintainer anymore,
> please let me know.  This is delaying some work I need to do...

The actual executable is examples/.libs/encoder-example. You can call
that instead, or recover the old behavior with ./configure
--disable-shared.

Libtool is to blame for the shell script stupidity. The behaviour was
changed because static linking DOESN'T WORK on recent vintage MacOS X
(the idiots).

Hope that works for you,
 -r