[Vorbis-dev] ogg/vorbis build system has broken 'make profile'

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Jan 6 20:39:20 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:18:57PM -0500, Monty wrote:
> Ah, the day isn't complete without shouting myself red in the face
> about automake...
>
> While I wasn't looking, examples/encoder-example has become a shell
> script (libtool is doing this) and 'make profile' no longer produces
> something with profiling enabled.  Would the build system maintainer
> please fix this.  If there's no build system maintainer anymore,
> please let me know.  This is delaying some work I need to do...

It's libtool's fault, not automake's. This has been libtool behaviour
for a long while. The binary you're looking for is in
examples/encoder-example/.libs

A cursory look at the relevant Makefile.am's and configure.in seems to
indicate that 'make profile' should still do what it always did, with
of course the exception of the location of the actual binary.

However you may need to add '--disable-shared' to your ./configure line
to get the behaviour you're looking for. Does this produce the correct
result for you? (if so, maybe we can hardcorde that for examples/*)

kfish.
(not the build system maintainer ;-)