[Vorbis-dev] Java and ogg/vorbis

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Apr 7 17:18:27 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:15:53AM +0100, Charles wrote:

> Also I want to encode short videos in Xvid and then encode the audio in
> vorbis. Then I want to stream this over the Internet using a Java
> applet. I will need to implement the vorbis and Xvid decoders in Java as
> part of my applet,  but where can ogg help me in this little ( or is the
> word confusing) project?

Java classes for Ogg Vorbis, and an audio player applet, are at:

    http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis/

Java classes for playing Ogg video files, using the Vorbis audio codec
and the Theora video codec, are at:

    http://www.flumotion.net/download/

You may find it easier to encode to Theora rather than Xvid, then simply
distribute the existing 'cortado' applet from the flumotion site. You won't
need to develop any new applet code if you use Theora instead of Xvid:

    http://www.theora.org/

Conrad.