[Vorbis-dev] Java and ogg/vorbis

Charles radien at radien.plus.com
Thu Apr 7 16:15:53 PDT 2005

I am a bit confused to how Ogg/vorbis works. This is my understand.
Vorbis is an audio codec that can be used instead of MP3 and it is open
source. If this is true, what is Ogg? I think it is some kind of wrapper
that allows you to stream Audio and Video. Am I right?

Also I want to encode short videos in Xvid and then encode the audio in
vorbis. Then I want to stream this over the Internet using a Java
applet. I will need to implement the vorbis and Xvid decoders in Java as
part of my applet,  but where can ogg help me in this little ( or is the
word confusing) project?

Thanks

Charles