[vorbis-dev] encode example

8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com 8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 19 08:24:07 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 09:43, Adriano Almeida
adriano-at-continuum.com.br |vorbis| wrote:

> Just complementing, ive made some tests with the quality of the file
> parameter. For my stereo 22050 file the final ogg file size for 0.3
> was 1.6M and for .5 it was over 3M...
> When i get the final ogg, invert and mix with the original file, .5
> killed it totally, and .3 left only a few pieces ...  Wich quality do
> you recomend?
>
> aaa...  it always crashes in vorbis_info_clear()
>
> thanks

Don't do things like that to measure quality.  Vorbis is a perceptual
codec, and it *will* alter the audio it encodes.  You need to listen to
the encoded audio and compare it to the original, and decide if it
sounds close enough for your needs.

--
Andrew Mahone