[vorbis-dev] RFC draft for Vorbis over RTP

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue May 25 06:25:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 02:37:59PM +0200, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
> Tirsdag, 25 mai 2004, skrev du:
>
> >I think the latest version was draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-03.txt:
> >
> >  http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-03.txt
>
> I am pretty sure that there was a version 04 of the draft released
> around October last year. That would also match a recent expiration
> of the document. Version 03 is from April last year and would have
> expired around October last year.

no, I think there was a typo in the expiry date for 03. Tracking
draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-*.txt:

00: published January 7 2003, expired July 7 2003
01: published February 20 2003, expired August 20 2003
02: published June 10 2003, expired December 10 2003
03: published October 27 2003, expired April 27 200?

I think the file for -04 at www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ is a
placeholder to inform that the previous draft has expired.

btw. Ralph has placed a copy of the current version in vorbis/doc
in subversion.

> >The discussions happened on vorbis-dev and the avt list:
> >
> >  http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/
>
> A good illustration of my problem. There's no search functionality
> in the mailing list archive and a traffic of 20-30 mails/week makes
> 2-3000 potentially relevant messages within the last two years. Are
> they really expecting people to find any information in there?
>
> The only discussion about the RFC draft on the vorbis and vorbis-
> dev mailing lists was in the beginning of 2003, where I made a few
> suggestions to changes in version 00. I do not find any relevant
> comments on the later versions on those mailing lists (searching
> for "rtp vorbis").

try searching for "vorbis rtp draft" at http://search.gmane.org/

you'll find everything relevent from these lists, plus newsgroups
etc. ... even this very thread we're having right now!

Conrad.