[Vorbis-dev] packed ogss

Monty xiphmont
Thu Jul 29 12:17:45 PDT 2004

<20040729161450.GD30565 at xiph.org>

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 09:14:50AM -0700, Arc Riley wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:55:26PM +0100, Tony wrote:
> > One other think I wondered if anybody could clarify when I use the tool
> > OggInfo on my chained files it throws up warning between each stream, saying
> > that the wrong page was encountered, is this a normal thing when running
> > ogginfo tool on chained oggs.
>
> Sounds like you got duplicate serialnos.  Try running your stream
> through my reserializer, see if OggInfo still complains...

No, the chains wouldn't work at all in that case.

Garbage between chained sections is not normal, no.  How did you
create the oggs, and how did you group them together?  If the program
that made the Oggs stuck ID3 tags on them (a violation of spec), that
would explain the errors at the boundaries after you grouped them
together.

Of course, it could be something else too.

Monty