[vorbis-dev] Audo quality problem

Simeon Maxein smaxein at freenet.de
Wed Feb 11 09:54:49 PST 2004

> It might be helpful if you could determin the lowest quality setting where
> the problem (for you) goes away.  Say, within .5 or so.

It stops exactly at -q 6,00. At 5,99 it's still there, I can make it out
without the slightest problem, and then at 6,00 I don't hear it any more.
There is also a small "bitrate jump" from 5,99 to 6,00, so I guess the
encoder changes some settings there. What is exactly happening there? I
would be glad if someone could tell me.

Simeon