[vorbis-dev] I want to help

Mike S wickedchicken at plasticpenguins.com
Mon Sep 8 15:54:43 PDT 2003

Hi, I want to help code on a part of the ogg vorbis project and I really
don't know where to start. I know C pretty well and I can use assembly
every once in a while to speed things up. My first idea was to try and
speed up the library with assembly (maybe SIMD) code. However, I soon
realized I didn't understand the main parts of the encoder at all (I'm
assuming most of the CPU time is taken up by this modified discrete
cosine transform). Where is most of the help needed? A recent post said
vcut needed work, should I do that? Or would I be helpful elsewhere?

--

~Mike
wickedchicken at plasticpenguins.com