[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Oct 2 07:44:15 PDT 2003

> It would be unusual, these days, to find any usage problems with anything
> built with VC6. The runtime libs are pretty much universally distributed by
> now. However, the same is not true for VC7 (VS.NET is the same thing and
> .NET2003 is near enough the same as .NET), where the runtime lib
> distribution is much more restricted, at least in the 'home' context.
>
> Since the compiles I have produced are all VC6, there really shouldn't be
> any issues.

There are issues.  Specifically your DLLs will fail with any VS.NET
application, the same as the VC6 compiled 1.0 SDK did.

Is there anyone who can confirm this?  Also, we'll need to build VS.NET
versions and see if they have problems with VC6 applications.  Hopefully
we won't have to distribute multiple sets of binaries.

jack.