[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 2 07:12:43 PDT 2003

Ralph,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Giles" <giles at xiph.org>
To: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

> work?

Well I've built win32 binaries of the examples; you can get them here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jfe1205/vorbis_examples.zip
Anyone care to download and test them? The input is via stdin and must be
standard 44100Hz, 16 bit stereo for wave input and equivalent for ogg input.
Output is via stdout, so can be directed to a file for checking.

> The other thing on the list is that we've had complaints of wierd
> linking problems with the 1.0 SDK, particularly with different versions
> of the tools. We'd like the binaries to work with applications built on
> VC6, VC7, and VS.NET. I assume this is more than the faq about needing
> to link the same runtime library, unless there's actually a way around
> that.
>
> Can someone more familiar with win32 reiterate the issues?

It would be unusual, these days, to find any usage problems with anything
built with VC6. The runtime libs are pretty much universally distributed by
now. However, the same is not true for VC7 (VS.NET is the same thing and
.NET2003 is near enough the same as .NET), where the runtime lib
distribution is much more restricted, at least in the 'home' context.

Since the compiles I have produced are all VC6, there really shouldn't be
any issues.

John