[vorbis-dev] A possible use for multichannel ogg files!

Phil Kerr philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Wed May 21 04:08:37 PDT 2003

Hi Rob,

This is one of the aims of a EU-wide research project we are working on
called OpenDrama.  The project is to disseminate Operatic performances
over IP.

We will use two delivery methods, DVB/IP download (Ogg files) as well
live streaming of multichannel Vorbis over RTP.  Both will go over the
Astra satellite as well as conventional multicast/unicasting.

The end user will be able to mix/mute out the vocals or instruments of a
performance from a GPL'd QT based app (Linux/Windows and OS X),
essentially allowing live stream mixing :)

You may be interested in the Vorbis RTP Internet Draft (pre RFC
document) which can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kerr-avt-vorbis-rtp-01.txt

I'm finishing off an update which will go to the Vorbis Dev list early
next week before being submitted to the IETF.

Regards

Phil