[vorbis-dev] DocBook and XML

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Mar 10 20:35:07 PST 2003

Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> said:

> [In case it was not clear: I don't want DocBook eliminated.  It is a
> perfectly acceptible choice for the authoritative original
> documentation.  It does not belong in a library build, and takes the
> 'no generated files in CVS' dogma a bit too far.
>
> We need to move the DocBook out of the source code modules or make
> building them optional only and/or move them to another module and
> simply ship generated HTML witht he library source code modules.]
>
> Monty

My choice here would be to leave them in the main source code module, but not
build them by default (I did this to my local copy months ago, because I never
had any desire to build the documentation every time I built the sources).

Putting a copy of the generated source in cvs is something you could also
optionally do - putting generated source in distribution tarballs is a
definate requirement, of course.

Mike